Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Kids *are* Cute!


Happy April 5th Everyone! Yep, it is my birthday. Happy Birthday to my twin, Brandon!
To celebrate this milestone I've decided to share with you "cute things" my kidlets do.

* The other day I was explaining to the kids that next year they would be attending kindergarten. How very exciting!

Donovan came close to tears. "But I don't want to go to school. I want to stay home, learn to play the guitar, and be a rock star."

Drats! Foiled again.

*At school Benjamin had a room full of visitors and really needed to potty. He asked his paraprofessional to accompany him to the bathroom. Being an older child, he prefers her standing outside the door. When he was done he peeped his head out. "Mrs. R. - You are going to need your gloves." He'd had a tiny accident on the floor.


His teachers are still laughing about this one!

*Callie is a giggly and precious girl. She loves to talk, sing, and dance. One day she was dancing all over the living room. Pausing for a moment on her tip toes she informs us, "I am getting married to my boyfriend."

Brett passes through the room and hears this. "Since when did you have a boyfriend?"

She flutters towards him in a butterfly sweep. "You're my boyfriend, daddy."

Oh, okay. Well .... as long as there isn't a boyfriend. This was just such a daddy/daughter kind of heart melt moment.

And so the world turns at our house.

For my birthday we went to the zoo, rode the carousel, and I purchased "eraser" boards for the kids. We ate hot dogs for lunch. Donovan got the cake he so desperately wanted (with ice cream). Being a mom definitely has its perks.

"Shhhhhhhh, everyone hide." Benjamin yells as I come down the stairs.

"Everybody panic. EEEEEK!" exclaims Callie.

"Hurry, Mommy's coming and we still need sprinkles for the cake!" Shouts Donovan.

Hope you have a beautiful day!
For those of you who have been able to, Thanks for supporting our March of Dimes Family Team. It means a lot.

1 comments:

karinco said...

Oh my dear friend, I am sorry I missed your Birthday. Happy Birthday to you and your twin!!

It sounds like the kidlets made your day super duper special!

Glad to see you blogging again. I can't wait to get caught up again!

Karen