Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year 2008

New Year’s Eve always brings for me a sense of feeling small but important in an awesome world. As the ball drops and horns blow I think about successes, failed attempts, and future plans. My children’s smiling faces stay rooted in my heart as new hopes whisper in my mind. Comfort and distress twist around each other with enough emotion to stay as I move forward into a new year.

For me New Year’s Day is a place to start. No matter how badly things have gone or how different we would like our lives to be … the new year whispers an opportunity to change who we are … how we see ourselves brushing against and through an ever changing world.

All of us have past days that shine. Days we clutch with both hands and admire when we are feeling down. Holding them close gives us hope.

There are days when I feel off center, separate from my thoughts and those of everyone around me. On these days I cannot label how or why I feel this way. Remembering happier days is how I notice we are constantly moving forward.

No moment will ever be quite like this. These thoughts bring comfort and excitement. They hint at adventure and purpose.

As the New Year rings in I will feel connected to my family, friends, and co-workers. My heart will feel things my mind has not yet seen. New opportunities will unlock with blank roadmaps to follow. Safe travels as you journey forward into 2008.


-----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my new addition ... Page B to my page A to read more about new year's traditions. http://nowweregettingsomewhere.blogspot.com/

0 comments: