Saturday, March 8, 2008

March for Babies: Enough

Hello Everyone,



I know it has been a little while since I've last blogged. Today I want to share a story with you. Then I want to ask for your support as my family joins the March for Babies!


The first time I saw my quadruplets was on ultrasound.

Weekly ultrasounds meant I saw my babies throughout pregnancy.

Even then I was learning how to be a Mother. It is amazing how much they already were teaching me. The love that flowed through my veins and into each of our hearts.

When Baby D sucked his thumb I cooed in the high pitch language of
Mother’s that mystifies the scientific world.

When Baby A separated himself from the rambunctious
kickboxing of Baby C and D I worried about potential outcomes.

When Baby B crawled beneath my ribs and stayed I began to understand loving my children would sometimes be painful.



Because I saw thumbs sucked, in-utero squabbles and fetuses that moved...I ato imagined caring for four babies at home. I saw four cribs, four swings, four bouncy seats and four stuffed teddy bears.




Laying in bed with a monitor across my belly I thougth about the future.
At Easter time four chubby legged babies would toddle around the backyard searching for colored eggs. On birthdays four smiling faces would peer excitedly over smartly wrapped gifts.

I dreamt of the active life our family would enjoy together. Spring

echoed baseball games. Summer splashed with swimming meets. Fall frolicked in freshly raked leaves. Winter pounced with snowball fights.

Near my 25th week of pregnancy my high risk OB sighed heavily as he sat down on my bed. "Melissa, have you had enough of being
pregnant?"

I shook my head viloently. Enough is not enough. Enough never would be.

Please check out my fundraising walk page at: http://www.marchforbabies.org/4middletonkidlets

2 comments:

Darcy @ m3b said...

Good luck in your fundraising efforts! This is our 5th year for our team, too. :)

The Phamily Matriarch said...

About time you updated! Just kidding...you know I *heart* you!

Good luck with your fundraising for M4B.