Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter Wedding Party



Yesterday it was snowing outside and Callie and Donovan announced they were getting married.

The groom is dressed in a suit of armor. A sword swaggers at his side. Boots adorn his feet. Looking very serious he frowns and tells me to clap.

The bride is wearing her favorite princess dress with visible holes in the neck, waist, and hem. A crown of limp rosebuds sits on her head. Because she could not find matching slippers, one is purple and the other is pink.

Benjamin wears a polka dotted hat with a see through vest. His yellow shorts clash with red socks in cowboy boots. I am not sure who he is pretending to be … but he is writing on a doctor’s prescription tablet.

“Play music.” Donovan demands. He clasps twice and the dance begins.

He takes Callie’s hand and they strut across the room. It is a free style dance. There is a lot of dropping to the floor, jumping up and down, and winding until their eyes cross.

Benjamin giggles and tosses the tablet. “I can dance too.” The hat falls to the floor as he does some impromptu flips.

Whether it is a wedding or a circus … one thing is true. I love to see all three kids playing together.


This holiday season I hope you dance and feel merry! Santa is coming to our unit today. I am taking pictures. The kids are decorating gingerbread men this afternoon. The snow is mostly melted. My "to do" list is almost complete. Ho-Ho-Ho

1 comments:

karinco said...

I'll bet that wedding was just 'adorabunches'!!

I'm glad the kids are finding ways to entertain themselves while the weather outside is frightful.

I'm so jealous that your 'to do' list is just about complete. I was just sitting here tonight thinking I need to make a 'to do' list! lol

Karen