Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Gaggle of Giggles


Benjamin is proud of being funny. At school he is known for his silly antics. He delights in reflected smiles and shared jokes.

Knock-knock jokes, body noises, slimy worms, and finger paint are all funny. Seriously. Each category has enormous potential for contagious giggling amongst my kids.

Benjamin is combustible. People expect him to be entertaining. He's known for it. Each day he's done at at least one thing that caused explosive laughter.

If you are the analytical type you can track his laugh appeal on a calendar. He's been with us for four years and I swear a day has not passed when he failed to make someone laugh. Everywhere he goes he brings his nature and it is natural for him to smile.

Belly laughing is his favorite thing. It brings me such joy to hear him ask Brett for tickles. When tickles are given he sounds off uncontrollable laughter. Seeing him enjoy a moment with daddy so completely is a wonder to behold.

Most of us only aspire to live so completely in a moment. Benjamin does this in a care free way several times each day. An opportunity to express himself is never passed by. He is who he is and people love him for it.

He may be the class "Class Clown" but so be it. Laughter is a moment he seizes and it makes the world a more comforting place for others. His silliness is a gift. One day I hope he knows it.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Heehee - so cute, the boys ask for "Tickles! Mo' tickles!", too! I have told them it's not socially acceptable - but they don't care. :)

What a cutie!!
Kara

Anonymous said...

What an absolute joy he is. :) I have a class clown, too. Who knew such a small boy could be so genuinely funny?!

-Darcy

The Phamily Matriarch said...

I think Mickey is heading down that "Class Clown" road as well. He is quite funny (don't tell him that though)! LOL

Isn't it great to hear such laughter? Oh, the joys of a carefree childhood...

~Jaclyn~

karinco said...

I agree. Laughter, silliness, a great sense of humor is a treasured gift.

Nothing warms my heart more than to hear my daughter belly laughing. Nothing relaxes me more than to belly laugh myself. Especially at something bizarre and silly.

Karen