Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dance with Me


Something strange is going on and I'm not sure I like it.

Callie and Donovan attend Pre-K at a Montessori school. On Wednesday afternoons they have an opportunity to take a dance class. The catch: it will cost and extra fifty dollars a month for them to go. This on top of an already hefty tuition.

Brett and I decided it would be best to wait and see.

Wait and see what our bank account looks like after they've been enrolled in the school for a while.

Wait and see how they adjust to their new school and their new schedule.

Wait and see ... Wait and see ... Wait and see.

The school did not wait and see.

Callie and Donovan threw tantrums. Their teachers felt sorry for them. Suddenly they were standing in the "dance students only" line.

Brett picked them up from school and was handed an enrollment form. "Dance class is Wednesday afternoon. We allowed Callie and Donovan to go this time however next time they will have to be enrolled with fees paid."

Puzzled, Brett walked them out of the building. I'm sure he was wondering how they ended up in a dance class. Once home he debriefed me.

I tried explaining to my children that we needed to wait and see.

Wait and see if our pocketbooks could dispense an extra fifty dollars for "extra stuff".

Wait and see how much they liked attending their Pre-K program.

Callie crossed her arms and shrugged. "Well Mom. We are on the list."

So much for "wait and see" ...

I think I've been dismissed by my four year old.


1 comments:

karinco said...

Oh, I'm sorry but this has me giggling! I guess the decision has been made for you!